Diploma in Business Studies
The curriculum covers a broad and inter-disciplinary aspect of business, marketing, management, risk analysis and information systems and as a whole, balances conceptual knowledge with applied curriculum. This programme enables students to adopt an enquiring and creative approach and to exercise self-judgement and critical thinking and capacity to integrate differing ideas to manage a range of problems and situations in the world of business. These value added knowledge and skills will help students to increase their efficiency and effectiveness in planning, organising, directing and controlling a business operation as well as in their decision-making skills. It prepares students towards an undergraduate degree programme . Students will have the opportunities to gain good grounding to meet the growing challenges and demands in the employment market as well as to maximise career choices in today’s multi-complex business environment.
- Graduates from this diploma may pursue further degree studies as they are able to gain advanced standing into a degree of a related discipline. Graduates who wish to join the world of commerce may seek job opportunities in management, marketing, administration, e-business, share-broking, banking, real estate or start up their own enterprise. `
Preparation for the Industry
• To equip students with sound theoretical knowledge of the various functional elements related to business
• To enable students to acquire a high level of communication and interpersonal skill
• To enable students to have the ability to identify and analyse business problems, collect relevant data so that plans and policies can be formulated and implemented
• To impart to students concepts of modern marketing strategies and the applications of management/risk models.
• To equip students with an understanding of contemporary issues in the international business environment so that they can apply such concepts to their tasks and perform them effectively.
• To develop in students the intellectual capacity to define, analyse and solve problems of both a structured and an unstructured nature.
• To foster students’ ability to work effectively within a team.
• To equip students with the skills and techniques required to carry out research on issues in the field of management and marketing
• To prepare students for further studies in both professional and degree pathways in business or other related disciplines.
• To develop a good understanding of information technology and systems and their impact on business.
Learning and assessment
- The course helps you to develop skills such as essay and report writing and presentation and communication skills. You will be taught through a variety of methods, including lectures, tutorials teamwork, collective research, presentations and seminars. Students are assessed by a combination of written examinations and coursework.
- The Diploma in Business JPT/BPP(K) 1000-600/B247 (R/340/4/0354) 12/2019 MQA/FA: A11094 is approved by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia and recognised by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / O Level
Minimum of 3 credits or equivalent.
Note: All information is correct at the time of update (March 2014) and is subject to change.
January, May & August
- Life College University Placement Unit will assist students who choose to transfer, secure a place in the university of their choice as well as handling all necessary arrangement with the universities on behalf of the students.