Diploma in Mass Communication
Specialised training in mass communication is increasingly recognised by every sector of industry, government, or private. Strategic communication skills are needed to inform the public, to publicise organisations and to sell their services and products.
- Our graduates have a wide latitude of career choices in both private and public organisations. They are well suited for jobs in advertising, public relations, marketing communications, journalism, freelance writing, radio and television production.
Preparation for the Industry
• To produce a workforce that is equipped to meet the growing demands of the local and international Mass Media industries.
• To develop the writing and creative abilities of the students.
• To give a thorough understanding of the principles and theories in this field.
• To create awareness of current practice and appreciation of the directions of research in this field.
Learning and assessment
- You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials and practical workshops.
- You will be continuously assessed through a combination of course work which may be in the form of individual or group project, case studies or assignments and end of the module examination.
- The Diploma in Mass Communication JPT/BPP(K) 1000-600/B247 (R/321/4/0099) 11/2019 MQA/FA: A5615 is fully approved by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia and recognised by the Malaysia Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / O Level
Minimum of 3 credits or equivalent.
Note: All information is correct at the time of update (March 2014) and is subject to change.
January, May & August
- Life College University Placement Unit will assist students to secure a place in the university of their choice as well as handle all necessary arrangements with the universities on behalf of the students.