Diploma in Multimedia
The Diploma in Multimedia is an intensive course designed to give students the skills and knowledge necessary to develop effective industry standard multimedia applications. The course introduces students to a wide range of professional multimedia development packages that range from subjects such as Multimedia Development to 3D Animation to Digital Audio and Digital Video. In addition, students will be able to explore the creative, some might even say artistic side of technology, utilising a mixture of media like video, audio and still images to make traditional text-based presentations or courseware more interesting and engaging. Students will have the opportunity to design and develop effective multimedia systems using new and established techniques and software tools. A strong emphasis will be placed on students gaining the necessary skills to develop cutting edge multimedia applications or design for delivery on both CD-ROM and the Internet. The emphasis of the course is not solely on multimedia skills, but also on personal and business skills that enable the student to become an effective communicator, team player and a valued employee.
- Graduates will have the skills and knowledge to enter employment in a wide range of multimedia related activities including entertainment package developer, training product designer, web designer, multimedia programmer, computer animators, 3D modellers, visualisers, concept designer and creative specialist.
Preparation for the Industry
• To provide an educational foundation for a range of creative, technical and management careers in Multimedia.
• To develop students’ ability in Multimedia through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme.
• To enable students to develop interactive multimedia presentations for distribution on CD or video discs.
• To provide specialised studies directly relevant to pathways in which students intend to seek employment.
Learning and assessment
- .You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials and practical workshops.
- .You will be continuously assessed through a combination of course work which may be in the form of individual or group project, case studies or assignments and end of the module examination.
- The Diploma in MultimediaJPT/BPP(K) 1000-600/B247 (R/213/4/0153) 10/2019 MQA/FA:A11229 is fully approved by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia and recognised by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / O Level
Minimum of 3 credits or equivalent.
Note: All information is correct at the time of update (March 2014) and is subject to change.
January, May & August
- Life College University Placement Unit will assist students who choose to transfer, secure a place in the university of their choice as well as handle all necessary arrangements with the universities on behalf of the students.